Thursday 8 March 2012

(CM 1145) Rhetorical Analysis

     Have you ever been given an assignment that you've had mixed feelings about? My class was given an assignment last week where we have to perform a Rhetorical Analysis on an editorial. We were given a list of questions which make up the body of our analysis, and we also have to include a bibliography. I decided to do mine on “The War Against America; The National Defense”. This is an article that was written on September 12, 2001 by The New York Times. It just talks about how the nation needs to increase its security and defense systems so there won’t be another event like 9/11. The article is very interesting but I don’t know how I feel about this assignment; I’m torn. I like trying new things because it allows me to grow as a writer but at the same time, it frightens me. This is the first time I’ve heard of a Rhetorical Analysis, so the thought of actually having to write one scares me. What if I don’t format it right? What if my answers aren’t correct? What if it’s not long enough? All of these questions are going through my head and it’s affecting the way I write it. I need to stop worrying and just write it. If I get a bad mark than I’ll know that is an area I need to work on.

"Do one thing everyday that scares you"
-Eleanor Roosevelt 

No comments:

Post a Comment