Friday 16 March 2012

(CM 1145) Causal Argument

     My class was given another assignment, but this time we are to write a causal argument of our choice. Now, I have never heard of this and I’m still confused by it. All I know is that they start with a question, such as: Why do some people cry when they laugh? Do magazines impact teenage girls? Does the media glamorize teen pregnancy? After you find a question, you must formulate a claim and somehow link it together by saying A is caused by B because of C. So for example, if I was writing my argument on "Do magazines impact teenage girls?" I would say anorexia and self image is caused by fashion magazines because of the media. Anything along the lines of that would work. The area that I have trouble doing is the work cited page. It has to follow a certain format and for some reason, I never get it right and it’s extremely frustrating. I also don’t know what to include in the body of my argument and how to make it flow coherently. I have my topic but I’m still really confused on what to do. I haven’t even started writing it yet and it’s due on Monday. I can tell you one thing, this definitely isn’t one of my favorite assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment